Thursday, November 19, 2009

Supplements for Ultra-Running

I'm looking for some healthy MYO supplements. Here's what I've found so far...

Electrolyte / Vitamin Drink: Mix 100% Coconut Juice with Water. Mix any 100% Fruit Juice with Water. Maybe 1:4 mix ratio for the Juice to Water. Add Emergen-C packet to any of the above.

Gels: Mix Honey, Molasses, Maple Syrup, and Brown Rice Syrup in any combination.

Protein/Carb Goo: Mix Peanut and/or Almond Butter with Cinnamon, Chocolate, Honey, and/or Maple Syrup. Add Coconut Oil or Sesame Oil to make it gooey.

I plan on putting both the gel and the goo into a Coghlan squeeze tube that I already have.

Summitpost.org recommends the following combinations for the gel.
*75% Brown Rice Syrup + 25% Agave Nectar
*60% Brown Rice Syrup + 40% Honey
+ 1 teaspoon of Sea Salt per 300 grams

Fill squeeze tube only 2/3 full, close, run under hot water to reduce the viscosity and then rotate to mix.

1 comment:

Doris M. Bennett said...

You bear through a awesome vacancy. I sanity definitely quarry it moreover personally suggest to my buddys. I am self-possessed they determination be benefited from this scene. Mattresses & Bedding